Friday, April 3, 2009

Themes


Justin says I'm sentimental. I agree. Which was why it was absolutely important and significant to finding just the right Bible verse and theme for the wedding. I personally believed that that theme would be the theme of our marriage and everything pertaining to it.

Grace: Exceeding, Abundant, Above & Beyond was our theme. And since we've come together, I've seen how profound and true this theme has been. God's grace has indeed been so much more than everything we ever dared dream. We are who we are, and where we are because of God's grace. Nothing else. Not by human endeavor, but by His will. Not by our intellect (or little of it) but because of His mercies.

But although the nicely written themes are there, it is a challenge holding on to the themes and just letting God be God. I worry too much, and by doing that, take my focus off of His majesty and power.

The one thing that has been keeping me awake since we found out about the pregnancy were worries - what if the baby is not healthy? what if he/she is disabled? what if I'm having an ectopic pregnancy? What if I'm not a good enough mother? That among many others.

No, I didn't get the voice that I sometimes get. No, there was no miraculous scripture popping out of the pages. There was no quick fix this time. All I got was the gentle nudge to trust Him no matter what. To exercise maturity, and stand firm on who God is, not on what may go wrong. To turn my sight to his Majesty, and my focus on the Great and Good God He is.

He is ALL powerful, Mighty, Love, Gracious, Merciful. HE IS GOD!

I don't know how the few months will be. I don't know how these 9 months will end. I don't know anything pass today. But I know who holds my hand, and I know who calms the fiercest of storms. I know my God, and He knows me.

0 babbles on "Themes"

Post a Comment

 

.:Baby Steps:. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez